Hello! I’m Genevieve White. That’s me in the photo at the top of this page. I will never forget that day. The picture was taken by a good friend. We were at the Oregon coast, spending the weekend hiking. On the day we returned, I went straight to the park to play a game of league kickball in 100 degree weather. My friend called me “an animal,” but for me it was the moment I knew I was back.
I’m a Certified Health Coach, Environmental Health Specialist, wife, mother, trail explorer, and active member of my community. But, several years ago I wasn’t an active member of anything, and was barely managing as a wife and mother.
I was bogged down by a terrible list of symptoms, including (but not limited to):
- Extreme fatigue – Ever fallen asleep in a line for the ladies room? I have.
- Debilitating brain fog – What was I saying again?
- Chronic pain – It hurt everywhere.
- Mood swings – Seriously bad stuff. I still feel sorry for my kids years later.
- Severe IBS – If you need to know the nearest restroom in the greater Portland area, I can draw you a map.
While this was an awful experience, I learned a lot about myself and a ton of information that I now use to help other people live fuller lives. And you know what? Even though I had to go through years of expensive trial and error to finally get to where I am now, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Life is so much more profound when you’ve been through hell and back. How else would I have found so much joy in spending entire days hauling firewood or raking leaves?
My healing journey has taken me from:
- slow assisted walks around the block to several-mile hikes.
- collapsing on the floor with exhaustion to mega-productive days.
- feeling like everything that went in or on my body made me sick to a deep understanding of my body’s signals and its clues that aid with daily choices.
Years of research for my own healing and receiving my coaching certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition allows me to save others from years of heartache, or just motivate enough to make things better.
Want to feel better? Schedule a free consultation.